Let us know our rights, let’s stop being a Victim & get informative on what you buy.
Also, It’s quite unfortunate to say that in INDIA there are not set standards for Home Elevators. This allows anyone to be become an elevator manufacturer. Elevator manufacturing in INDIA is becoming like a cottage industry where anyone can install a moving platform and call those home elevators. Often Local manufacturers exploit consumers showing ISO certification and claiming it to be safe however, it’s important that you should understand ISO certification is not for the product, it’s to certify that the company is organized. When you buy a helmet, you will look for ISI certification not ISO. But even ISI is not enough for countries like India.
Safety is a major concern at home, especially with mobility equipment that is a practical solution for the elderly and the physically disabled. Injuries from accessibility equipment are often not limited to commercial elevators. The more possible risk nowadays is getting stuck in a home elevator. The impact of this problem can be minimized by associating with the right elevator. To avoid accidents involving home elevators, it is crucial to be aware about the safety features that are indispensable in residential elevators and to purchase equipment that has these vital features. With much advancement in technology, TKE Home Elevators provide affordable home elevators with advanced safety features suiting various indoor and outdoor transportation needs. These features include:
• SSS (Soft Start and Stop)
• TUV Compliance
• SIL-3 – Seismic Stability Structure
• ENS (Error Notifications System)
To summarise, this is a check list to know whether your home elevator is safe or not.
• All home elevators should run on a single-phase power supply.
• Pit size should not be more than 100-150mm and no headroom space is required.
• There should not be any A/c current running through the shaft.
• No safety features should be neglected
• It should comply with Machine Directive 2006 42 EC & EN 81 – 41
• Trap door should be available inside the cabin
• Ensure you are getting the lift certified by TUV post installation to guarantee
“Peace of Mind”